The Care Certificate
The Care Certificate, created by Skills for Care, is designed to reflect the elements common to these workforces and meet the requirement for providers of regulated activities to ensure that their staff are suitably trained. The certificate trains people to know what is required of them to be caring and equips them with the skills, knowledge and behaviours to be able to provide quality care.
CareTutor is the only accredited video-training provider to be endorsed by Skills for Care!
Purchase 2 years of our Unlimited eLearning Subscription and get a third year for FREE!
The Care Certificate - what you need to know
- The 15 standards were developed in partnership with Health Education England and Skills for Health.
- The Care Certificate provides clear evidence to employers and individuals receiving support, and support that the health or social care worker in front of them has been trained and developed to a specific set of standards. It is applicable across health and social care, and is designed to be portable/transferable from sector to sector.
- The Certificate should be prioritised by employers for “new staff, new to care”.
- The guidance timeframe for a full-time individual to complete the Care Certificate is 12 weeks. The minimum level for quality assurance of the Care Certificate, and the certification itself, is the responsibility of employers.
The 15 Standards of the Care Certificate
1. Understand Your Role
2. Your Personal Development
3. Duty of Care
4. Equality and Diversity
5. Work in a Person Centred Way
7. Privacy and Dignity
8. Fluids and Nutrition
9. Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disabilities
10. Safeguarding Adults
11. Safeguarding Children
12. Basic Life Support
13. Health and Safety
14. Handling Information
15. Infection Prevention and Control
Skills for Care Resources (click to download)
We offer our video-based courses via our eLearning portal so care staff can complete their training anytime, anywhere.
Our courses deliver structured in-house training at lower cost and greater convenience than provided by external trainers (though external trainers also find it useful to enhance their own training delivery). They are also more realistic and engaging than text-based online courses.
For classroom or group-based training, we recommend our DVD solutions from BVS Training.
To meet the training requirements of the Care Certificate, we have two tailored bundles covering all 15 Standards – or alternatively, training can be purchased for each Standard on it’s own. These bundles contain all of the materials you need to provide training to cover the Care Certificate and offer big savings on individual product prices!
We will not be beaten on quality or price!
As trusted by
Sign up for offers
Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on our news, access free resources and receive special offers.