Nutrition and Hydration Week (13th – 19th March 2023) is an annual event with a shared, global objective to “Reinforce, Focus and Energise” engagement to promote nutrition and hydration as a fundamental element to maintaining health and wellbeing within health and social care. Residential care system is facing a major problem.
Approximately 3 million individuals in the United Kingdom, and countless more around the world, face the risk of malnutrition.
To combat this, we need to work to raise awareness regarding these dangers, and advocate for methods that can help address malnutrition and dehydration.
How do I get Involved?
Nutrition and Hydration Week attracts many different groups and sectors. Everyone is now invited and encouraged to participate in prioritizing and endorsing nutrition and hydration during the week.
If you are an organisation looking to take part, The Nutrition and Hydration Week handbook is a good place to start. You can build the Nutrition Champions Community, host events and promote the day on social media.
If you an individual looking to take part, you can also organise group meetings, reach out to the online community or even just start by observing some of the key practices recommended below:
1. Adopt a healthy diet – This is the perfect opportunity to take a closer look at your health. Get started on a new diet and get the benefits of being healthy.
2. Stay hydrated – Don’t forget to stay hydrated! Your body needs liquids to stay energised and keep functioning properly. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
3. Form healthy habits – Change that faulty chair in your office, quit eating junk food, and work out more – Nutrition and Hydration Week is the perfect time to get healthy.
4. Focus on sleep – Taking good care of your sleep is one of the best ways to improve your health and well-being. Make sure you have a healthy night’s sleep every night. Sleep is essential to your overall health.
5. Get outside – A healthy life is a happy life, so get outside as much as possible. Take a walk to clear your mind, get some fresh air, and enjoy nature. It’ll make you feel better!
Our Brand-New Fluids and Nutrition Course ?
In celebration of this week, CareTutor has released a brand new CPD-Accredited Fluids and Nutrition eLearning course.
Fluids and Nutrition is a required topic included within Standard 8 of the Care Certificate. Managers have a vital responsibility to ensure their staff are trained in this area.
The course was created alongside expert consultants to deliver a detailed insight into:
• How food should be both nutritious and enjoyable
• The importance of hydration
• The dangers of malnutrition and dehydration
• How to prevent the spread of infection when preparing and handling food in a care environment
Using scenarios to illustrate best practices, this course will help you to gain a better understanding of the topic and how you can apply it in the social care environment.
*This eLearning course replaces our previous Nutrition and Wellbeing Course
Get In Touch
CareTutor has a range of over 70+ video-based social care courses, Including Fluids and Nutrition
Talk to our team on 0345 644 2866
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org